Write-in candidates aren't of much moment. Except in extraordinary circumstances, they rarely get any meaningful votes.
Nonetheless, today is the deadline for write-in candidates. I hope to have a full list later. Roby Brock notes that they include Elvis Presley from Star City, who's running for governor. He joins a Republican, a Democrat, a Green and a write-in neo-Nazi.
UPDATE: Find the assortment of write-ins on the jump.
(LITTLE ROCK, AR)—Secretary Daniels announces write-in candidates for the November 2, 2010 General Election ballot.
August 4 at 5 p.m. marked the deadline for those wishing to run for state and district offices as write-in candidates.
Thirteen individuals filed notices of candidacy to run:
* Stephan “Troublemaker” Hercher of Barling, AR for U.S. Senate
* Mickey Higgins of Paragould, AR for U.S. Congress, District 01
* Danial Suits of Bryant, AR for U.S. Congress, District 02
* David E. Dinwiddie of Pine Bluff, AR for Governor
* Elvis D. Presley of Star City, AR for Governor
* Billy Roper of Russellville, AR for Governor
* Marc Rosson of Gillham, AR for Attorney General
* David “Cowboy” McMillian of Mt. Pine, AR for State Senate, District 19
* H. Edwards of Stuttgart, AR for State Rep.,District 14
* Willie Gammon of Marion, AR for State Rep.,District 54
* Ray Nassar of Marion, AR for State Rep.,District 54
* Abel Tomlinson of Fayetteville, AR for State Rep.,District 92
* Robert Dittrich of Stuttgart, AR for Prosecuting Attorney, District 11-East
Well, FED_UP, I *have* had a innocent loved one cold-bloodedly murdered by a psychopath who…
Every city..every state needs to revamp the laws on puppymills and back yard breeders. If…
Sound Policy, you ARE aware, I assume, that the aerial footage of your fixer-upper was…