Magness Lake, in Heber Springs, is a magnet for swans
And readers take over. Final thoughts:
* BODY FOUND: Pulaski sheriff's office said a body found near 46th and Russell near North Little Rock is that of Tammy Harris, missing since Oct. 20. Cause of death not yet known.
* MIKE ROSS LOVES UNEMPLOYMENT: Blue Dogs such as Rep. Mike Ross threw in with the Republicans' balanced budget amendment gimmick. It would devastate the country and put millions out of work, plus trashing Medicare and Social Security. And he wants to be governor.
* READ THIS ARTICLE: By Charles Pierce on Penn State. "Healing" indeed.
* WACKJOB ACID TEST: One measure of the nuttiness of 2010 elections was the win by Republican Loy Mauch of Bismarck
Hot Springs. He dang near rioted over a bust of Abraham Lincoln in the convention center there and has ties to white separatist groups. He now has a credible Democratic opponent in 2012, Butch Hightower of Hot Springs. Mauch wins again, don't let the sun set on you in that legislative district.
* NCTR MONEY PRESERVED: Sen. Mark Pryor says the National Center for Toxicological Research near Pine Bluff was spared big budget cuts in a spending deal worked out between the House and Senate. Wonder if Dr. No Boozman will vote for it. His frequent pattern is to show up at places like NCTR and praise their work and express thanks for the money they receive AFTER voting against the legislation.
* CASINO GAMBLING: The attorney general's office has approved the popular name and ballot title of a constitutional amendment to allow a private company to operate seven casinos in seven Arkansas counties. Michael Wasserman has been pushing this for years. He's had previous proposals approved for the ballot, but hasn't gathered sufficient signatures for a vote.
And, courtesy of Lt. Gov. Mark Darr's Twitter account, his meeting today with Occupy Little Rock:
Do you even bother to fact check yourself before you vomit some ignorant statement, Sound?…
Bow Ties: Well, if any of us thought W's response to Katrina was lacking ("Hell…
In this age of Uber, this has a bit less importance except .... that entities…