It's open. Some final items:
* DOUBLE SHOOTING IN ALEXANDER: Two people are "not in good shape" after shooting at Lindsey and Violet in Alexander, Fox 16 says.
* MOST WANTED NO MORE: Archie Barfield, sought in an Arkansas child rape case since 2008, has been arrested in Georgia, Fox 16 reports.
* CHARTER TEACHER UNIONIZE: Now there's a headline to chill a Walton, Hussman, Stephens or school reform lackey at the University of Walton in Fayetteville. But it happened. Teachers at a New York charter school voted to unionize after a bitter fight that included the firing of a pregnant teacher/organizer.
* LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD FOR BILL CLINTON: Former President Bill Clinton will be in Little Rock Saturday to be honored by the Jewish Federation of Arkansas with its Tikkun Olam award for lifetime achievement. The event is at 6:30 p.m. at the Peabody Hotel. The definition of Tikkun Olam, says the Federation, is increasing the well-being of humankind by "repairing the world and helping those in need." Clinton is to be recognized for being a "strong advocate for the state of Israel and for justice for all people." Twelve others will be honored at the dinner, which will mark the organization's centennial.
* TINY TIM'S TAKE: Did U.S. Rep. Tim Griffin get some motion picture cash for sponsoring the Internet-killing legislation that lobby wanted passed? You know he did. And Walton money. And he's getting lots of cash and support from allies of Paul Ryan, the architect of the budget to kill Medicare as we know it Social Security and other important functions of government.
* REP. BARRY HYDE SETTLES ETHICS COMPLAINT: The North Little Rock legislator, who's seeking a Senate seat this year, agreed he'd made mistakes in campaign finance reporting for 2010 and paid a $150 fine in a settlement with the state Ethics Commission. The commission found no basis to Republican Party complaints about misspending of campaign money, BTW.
Hold the Buick. This is where people like Ray and Janay Rice and Adrian Peterson…
released from an agreement to maintain the historic facade of the Women's City Club at…
Like many, Plainjim, you confuse forgiving with forgetting. Trust me: you're FORGIVEN, already! Forgiveness is…