The Little Rock School District filed its motion today in federal court for a summary judgment that the state of Arkansas had broken the 1989 desegregation agrement by:
* Approving open enrollment charter schools in Pulaski County without court review.
* By failing to identify programs to deal with racial disparity in student performance.
* By abandoning monitoring responsibilities.
* By adopting a state transportation aid formula that penalizes Pulaski County.
* By retailiating in transportation formula, failure to pay attorney fees and by impossing accounting standards on the district it hasn't applied to others.
The state will respond by March 12 and Judge Price Marshall will hear arguments March 29.
This ought to be good for some legislative fulmination.
Letterman had a great top 10 list last night--as sung by Josh Groban. "Top Ten…
oh, very little steven, you such a writer of totally unedited incorrectness. I still say…
And which alma does David Bercaw call mater?
A&E Feature / To-Do List / In Brief / Movie Reviews / Music Reviews / Theater Reviews / A&E News / Art Notes / Graham Gordy / Books / Media / Dining Reviews / Dining Guide / What's Cookin' / Calendar / The Televisionist / Movie Listings / Gallery Listings