The Little Rock School District filed its motion today in federal court for a summary judgment that the state of Arkansas had broken the 1989 desegregation agrement by:
* Approving open enrollment charter schools in Pulaski County without court review.
* By failing to identify programs to deal with racial disparity in student performance.
* By abandoning monitoring responsibilities.
* By adopting a state transportation aid formula that penalizes Pulaski County.
* By retailiating in transportation formula, failure to pay attorney fees and by impossing accounting standards on the district it hasn't applied to others.
The state will respond by March 12 and Judge Price Marshall will hear arguments March 29.
This ought to be good for some legislative fulmination.
Just think if Entergy only did maintanence while Nuke 1 was cranking at…
I wrote something last night that totally disappeared (ExxonMobil got me?). That spokesperson comment to…
eLwood, I took the AT survey and since I check the news blog during breaks…
A&E Feature / To-Do List / In Brief / Movie Reviews / Music Reviews / Theater Reviews / A&E News / Art Notes / Graham Gordy / Books / Media / Dining Reviews / Dining Guide / What's Cookin' / Calendar / The Televisionist / Movie Listings / Gallery Listings