Comment thread is open. Closing out:
* EAT YOUR HEART OUT MITT ROMNEY: Got some time, check out Barack Obama's speech yesterday to the UAW above. Great stuff.
* MARK PRYOR, LIVE ON THE WEB AND MORE: Sen. Mark Pryor plans a social media explosion tonight with "tele-town halls" supported by Twitter and Facebook feeds at 6 and 7 p.m. You can watch the live-streaming event at this link. Call-in numbers: 6:00 p.m. CT: 888-886-6603 Ext. 18258; 7:00 p.m. CT: 888-886-6603 Ext. 18259
* PARTY AT THE YACHT CLUB: You're going to that Yacht Club party tonight, right? The one for Republican Sen. Missy Irvin? Bring a checkbook. Parties like this aren't free. What, you didn't get an invite? You must not be on the mailing list of the Arkansas Society of Professional Lobbyists. That's where I got mine. (actually from the lobbyist for the Medical Society. Irvin's hubby is a doctor, so ....) Yes, the legislature is in session. The Senate has no rules barring legislators from sticking their hands out for cash while they are conducting the people's business. It should. It's more convenient to bag the money in Little Rock when all the lobbyists are hovering. Far easier than a drive up to Mountain View, right Sen. Irvin?
* GLOBAL WARMING: Record high today in Little Rock of 81.
* YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS **** UP: From a Patch dispatch on a Republican congressional candidate in Illinois:
A congressional candidate running as a Republican in the upcoming Illinois primary says the “Holocaust never happened.”
Arthur Jones, 64, a Lyons, IL, insurance salesman who organizes family-friendly, neo-Nazi events around Adolf Hitler’s birthday, hopes to be the Republican candidate chosen to run against Democratic Congressman Dan Lipinski in Illinois’ 3rd Congressional District.
“As far as I’m concerned, the Holocaust is nothing more than an international extortion racket by the Jews,” Jones said. “It’s the blackest lie in history. Millions of dollars are being made by Jews telling this tale of woe and misfortune in books, movies, plays and TV."
Paint tort reform as a "One-Size-Fits-All" "Government regulation" that empowers a "Bureaucrat" to determine how…
"But there is something odd about how it veers off toward the confluence of Cadron…
That links to an amazing map that documents some…
A&E Feature / To-Do List / In Brief / Movie Reviews / Music Reviews / Theater Reviews / A&E News / Art Notes / Graham Gordy / Books / Media / Dining Reviews / Dining Guide / What's Cookin' / Calendar / The Televisionist / Movie Listings / Gallery Listings