It begins. Closing out:
* JUDICIAL VOTE: Glenn Sugameli, staff attorney at Judging the Environment, Defenders of Wildlife, calls my attention to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's announced intention to call a cloture vote (looks like it will be Wednesday) on an effective Republican filibuster of 17 federal district judge nominations, including Kristine Baker of Little Rock. Reid says the nominations are routine and some are needed in districts with emergency needs. He said Republicans are gumming up the process to embarrass the president. It will be interesting to see where Sen. John "Dr. No" Boozman votes on cloture, given that he nominally supports Baker for the eastern district judgeship in Little Rock. Her nomination has been pending for more than four months.
* GO, RICK, GO: The presidential follies stay zany. Rick Santorum says Teleprompter use should be illegal in presidential campaigns. Deep South voters 1) think President Obama is Muslim 2) they aren't sure about interracial marriage.
* LIMBAUGH IN THE LURCH: Raw Story says 141 advertisers have fled Rush Limbaugh's radio show, including the U.S. Army. Think Progress also says national companies are fleeing Michael Savage, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.
* OBAMA ON THE BIG SCREEN: The Davis Guggenheim film narrated by Tom Hanks to promote Barack Obama's re-election bid is scheduled for a screening in North Little Rock on March 15. Argenta Community Theater. Details here.
* VOTE FOR THE LIBRARY: Little Rock voters can vote to cut their library tax a smidgen from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. tomorrow. The vote will also extend the millage for several more years, but it's for a good cause. 251 people voted early. The low turnout is in keeping with the library's usual low-profile campaigns targeting supporters by mail. Still, don't assume all is well. If you like the library, get out and vote for the millage proposition.
* COP SHOOTING IN FARMINGTON: A Washington County detective fatally shot (pay wall) a 38-year-old man in Farmington who reportedly threatened him with a crowbar. The detective, then a patrol deputy, fatally shot a man who pulled a gun on him during an attempted arrest eight years ago.
Strange, Interesting that your screen name is that of a character in a movie. Perhaps…
Pastor Rick Warren says forcing employers to pay for birth control is like forcing Jewish…
No. some people take a movie title's name to be noticed.
A&E Feature / To-Do List / In Brief / Movie Reviews / Music Reviews / Theater Reviews / A&E News / Art Notes / Graham Gordy / Books / Media / Dining Reviews / Dining Guide / What's Cookin' / Calendar / The Televisionist / Movie Listings / Gallery Listings