It's open for your comments. Final words:Rock Candy's note that Arkansas native musician Levon Helm is in the "final stages" of cancer, according to a note on his website from his family.
* SITUATIONAL ETHICS: When Secretary of State Mark Martin took office he issued a statement that said he would endeavor to see that his office's employees not take part in partisan politics. It was one of his first broken promises and hypocritical, too, given his criticism of Democratic opponent Pat O'Brien for campaigning for Barack Obama. The latest example is press spokesman Alex Reed's $100 contribution to Sen. Fireball Holland, who has a Republican challenger, Rick Green, in the primary. Not to worry, Reed says. Martin amended his original no-exceptions policy to bar politicking only by those employees who work directly in the elections division. Flacks such as Reed and Mark Myers are free to politic incessantly. And do. Including on election matters. But what they say must be irrelevant, else Martin wouldn't allow it, right? So ignore them.
* VIDEO SPECIAL — HOT DOGGING: Drunk man tries to rob Fort Smith convenience store with a pair of tongs seized from food counter where hot dogs dispensed. Fails.
* THE SECRET LIFE OF ANIMALS: The Missouri legislature is moving to make it a crime to make undercover videos at farms. The lawmakers want to prevent more of the videos that expose bad conditions in agricultural production facilities. What a great idea. Let's extend that to all private businesses, cops and others whose bad acts have been exposed and discouraged by the unblinking lens.
* THEY DON'T CALL THEM WINGNUTS FOR NOTHING: The Family Council's Tony Perkins thinks the Secret Service whore hopping scandal can be blamed on gays in the military. I kid you not.
And speaking of wingnuts: Ted Nugent. Batshit crazy. He likened president and Democrats to nuisance coyotes, which should be shot.
* ANOTHER CANCER CASE: Warren Buffett receiving treatment for Stage 1 prostate cancer.
* PETRINO GOLF TOURNAMENT CANCELED: Children's Hospital has canceled the Bobby Petrino benefit golf tournament that had been scheduled for June 18. The Hospital Foundation said it had "no choice" after consulting with the Petrino family but thanked them for past support.
* BEGGING FOR PUBLIC RADIO: Early warning. Rosi Smith of Children's Hospital and I will do our customary Friday morning shift begging for money for public radio in Little Rock beginning about 6:30 a.m. The Blog match applies — $10 for everyone who calls or sends to the web a pledge for KUAR/KLRE. I'll double that for Republicans. Call 569-8485 or 1-88-952-2528 that morning. Or send it to kuar.org. But you have to mention the Blog to get the match and it's best you do it Friday morning. I'll post a reminder as usual.
State workers were made to drive and go into work on dangerous roads when all…
Thank you for the blog on the immigration and to aware people about the immigration…
Do you know that there is a great Herbal doctor who can cure any deadly…