It's done. Slow day. Have anything? Final notes:
* ELECTION WILL CONTINUE IN CONTESTED SENATE DISTRICT: Just saw a news bulletin that says the three-judge federal panel hearing a contest of the redistricting of an eastern Arkansas Senate district will not halt the scheduled primary in the race. Sen. has challenged the districting which produced a 53 percent black majority, not enough to insure his election. He has contended the district was drawn to help Rep. Keith Ingram, who's challenging Crumbly in the race. A decision to allow the election to proceed is not a ruling on the merits, the judges noted.
* DISASTER AREA: A Yell County traveler reports a sign for 4th District Republican candidate Tom Cotton in the yard of a well-known Dardanelle Democrat, James Lee Witt. The emergency management boss who's now a successful Washington consultan, had earlier contributed to the Cotton campaign. His office says further in response to my question about the sign:
James Lee does support Tom Cotton, has a campaign sign at his Dardanelle farm. James Lee has been friends with the Cotton family since Tom was a child and he thinks Tom will do a great job for that district.
In that Cotton comes from the ranks of D.C. consultants, Witt perhaps has some reason to think all Cotton's talk about federal budget cutting will be restricted to po' folks and not those able to afford James Lee's high-dollar services.
* THE LYING LIARS IN CONGRESS: Good post on the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families blog about Republicans in the U.S. House going back on their word on the budget and passing spending measures to slash spending on the poor and increase spending on defense, even some defense projects the Pentagon didn't want. The alternative was raising raising taxes on millionaires and that was not going to get Republican approval. Tim Griffin, Rick Crawford and Steve Womack all voted to screw poor folks to buy weapons.
* THE LYING LIAR IN WISCONSIN: Video turns up with radical Republican Gov. Scott Walker promising a billionaire contributor that he'd bust unions public and private. He had claimed not to have animus toward private sector unions or any desire to make Wisconsin a right to work state. Uh huh.
* SHOTS FIRED AT PULASKI DEPUTY: No one hurt, though deputy thinks he might have hit suspect and manhunt is underway. Near Maumelle, Fox 16 reports.
* BOOBS GALORE: From an Atlantic interview with sportswriter Frank Deford:
Did you drink a lot when you were reporting stories?
Well, if I was writing a story on a coach and he was a drinker, then I’d drink with him. When you’re writing about someone, you try to show him a similar side of yourself. I was with Jerry Jones once and he autographed a waitress’ breast. So I followed suit. If Jerry’s going to autograph a boob, goddammit, I’ll autograph a boob, too. [laughs] …
Cato - In fact, the Soviet Union did seize control of Afghanistan - for a…
Another plane gone missing: AirAsia Plane With 162 on Board Missing in Indonesia An AirAsia…
eL...thanks for that 7:52 post on Jeb makin a few bucks. "Seems Obamacare was verily…