Jack Pearadin and Doug Nelsen found a 1.73-carat diamond after nearly a year of searching the park's field.
It's open early on account of my trip to Conway. Final thoughts:
* JUSTICE SPEAKS IN LITTLE ROCK: Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens spoke in Little Rock tonight. He apparently gave the crowd hope the court might reconsider the ruinous Citizens United ruling. Stevens wasn't winning many before his retirement, is all I can say. "Second thoughts" — mentioned by Stevens — don't seem to mark Scalia, Alito, Thomas, Roberts jurisprudence. I believe he knocked Bush v. Gore again, too. The Repubs are suppressing votes in Florida again this year. At least Tim Griffin is too busy to work at it firsthand again.
* NO SMOKING: If you drive by the Family Dollar store tomorrow and see a small demonstration of some sort, here's the explanation. The Coalition for Tobacco Free Arkansas will be on hand to discourage the big discount store chain from adding tobacco to their products. The chain had managed 53 years without smokes. But the stores cater to low-income neighborhoods and smoking opponenhats at that smoking has become increasingly concentrated among lower-income and minorities. Event is 5-6 p.m., 4515 W. 12th.
* GOOD LINK: Wish I'd had this handy when a Boys State delegate today blamed the deficit on Barack Obama.
* WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE KANSAS: The jihad is underway in Kansas. War on women's rights. War on taxes on rich people. And more. The latest is news of effort — even as corporate primacy continues to expand — the Republican government wants to limit the free-speech right of certain nonprofits. Could it happen here? You know it could with the group I mention next on the ground and spending big.
* THE LYING LIARS: Happy to learn the Obama campaign has some effective rapid response work going against the Koch billions. Americans for Prosperity has no shame, but we knew that, having dealt for many months with the shameless Teresa Oelke, their luggage carrier in Arkansas who happily regurgitated some of the garbage debunked here.
Hatcher is surely aware that some of the most avid fans of the "back-door bop"…
Good ol' Huck with his predictable scatological humor. I'll bet he keeps Janet in stitches…