Chuck Haralson and Ken Smith were inducted into the Arkansas Tourism Hall of Fame during the 43rd annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism
|The Daily Show with Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
|Democalypse 2012 - Pander Express Edition - Obama's Immigration Reform|
Another slow day. So some odds and ends:WE ARE NOT COVERED BY THE FOI." Mr. Accountability Jay Chesshir also has denied the chamber was running the city sales tax campaign, when it was. And he has repeatedly denied my efforts to see how THAT money was spent. And Mary Good wonders why the Tech Park looks like the "Gang of Three." Dishonesty — or at least disingenuousness — like this is one good reason. Its demonstration tonight of contempt for the City Board's effort last night to get it to slow down and seriously study alternatives to neighborhood demolition was another illustration of why it richly deserves distrust. You find alternatives, it told the public. We like our residential neighborhoods just fine. And be sure they meet our criteria that only allow bulldozing of the homes of poor black people. I had to laugh when Dickson Flake told me today that a Catholic Church on 12th Street was left out of a proposed Tech Park target area not because he's a real estate rep for the Catholic diocese but because it was "neighborhood stabilizing use." A liquor store was similarly evaluated as too useful to omit in the first plan. Homes that supply human beings who go to churches? These are not stabilizing uses apparently. Bulldoze 'em.
* JON STEWART NAILS FOX NEWS AND HANNITY AGAIN: Disagree with President Obama if you will on stopping deportation of young, law-abiding immigrants. But don't believe it when the spinners claim he's said previously that he couldn't do it. Or that it's never been done before. Lying liars at work. Roll tape above.
* REPUBLICAN LEGISLATOR TOSSED OUT OF COURT: State Rep. Lori Benedict didn't like it, apparently, when the Baxter County Airport Commission decided to allow competition to her flight service business at the airport. A Republican who likes true free enterprise? Not many of those. She sued. A federal judge has tossed her suit, the Baxter Bulletin reports. He found no merit in her allegations, many of them dusty with age.
* POLL WATCH: You know what they say. The only poll that counts is in November. But recent polling on Obama's re-election chances is interesting if only because it runs so contrary to the faith-based beliefs of his opponents. Bottom line: A lot of people don't like Mitt Romney much.
* RISPERDAL VERDICT STANDS: Circuit Judge Tim Fox has denied a motion for a new trial in the case in which he awarded the state $1.2 billion against pharmaceutical defendants for improper use of the anti-psychotic drug with Medicaid recipients.
* MURPHY OIL ANNOUNCES LEADERSHIP CHANGE: Murphy Oil, based in El Dorado, announced today that David Wood had retired as CEO and would leave the company board. Steve Cosse, with Murphy since 1991, will succeed Wood.
* REPUBLICAN TAX POLICY — COMFORT THE RICH: The Arkansas Democratic Party is, correctly, making much of a Washington Post article that shows the House Republican tax plan (thanks Messrs. Womack, Griffin and Crawford) would sharply cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans and increase the tax burden on the middle class. I kid you not. The scam is that tax rates would fall, but loss of important deductions would screw working people. The Republican plan also would diminish the value of Social Security and Medicare.
* NOT SO FUNNY: A professional children's party clown has been arrested on child porn charges in Fort Smith.
I wonder how Debra Reese last moments were? As she was being raped and beaten?…
Cyberhackinglord is the real hacker out there, please be careful of imposters. they are somany…
Those scriptures don't mean what he thinks they mean https://www.arneighbors.org/going-off-the-…