The line is open. Final words:
* NEWS UPDATE: Please note, if you haven't already, the update on this morning's item about the supposed release of criteria for location of the Technology Park. The news release was in error and misleading, as were followup comments from the Chamber of Commerce. The criteria have not been released. If this is running government like a business .....UPDATE: The chamber of commerce sent out a corrected news release in early evening.
* INDICTMENT IN TEACHER TEST SCAM: The Commercial Appeal says an indictment today will charge a Hughes, Ark., man with charging aspiring teachers from Memphis, Arkansas and Mississippi from $1,500 to $3,000 so that he'd have others take teacher licensing exams for them. Clarence Mumford was named in a 45-count fraud indictment, the paper reported. The indictment noted one case in which an impostor took a PRAXIS exam in 2009 at Arkansas State in Jonesboro for a would-be teacher whose registration fee was paid by Mumford's credit card.
* PUT BEEBE DOWN AS A NO: Casinos, medical marijuana, gas severance tax increase. If any or all of those proposals make the November ballot, Gov. Mike Beebe said he'd vote against them, he told questioning reporters today. Ditto those opinions for 2014 Democratic gubernatorial candidate Dustin McDaniel.
* ARKANSAS MAN DIES SNORKELING IN FLORIDA: An Arkansas man, James Faulkner, 55, died while snorkeling with a Scout group in the Florida Keys. His son found him floating and unresponsive while snorkeling on a sailboat outing.
* $12 MILLION MAN: Attorney General Dustin McDaniel was quoted today as saying the 2014 governor's race could cost him alone $10 to $12 million. Really? That would double Mike Beebe's 2006 race. It presumably presumes McDaniel survives a primary against Bill Halter, John Burkhalter and perhaps others.
* THIS IS A STICKUP: GIVE ME YOUR KC MASTERPIECE: 40/29 reports a Fayetteville Walmart parking lot robbery in which a man demanded cash and barbecue sauce. Key detail — brand of sauce — not given.
This is a phenomenally uninspiring choice that, unfortunately, reveals just what the library system has…
HOB just confirmed death of the Soprano's star James Gandolfini at age 51.
James Gandolfini and Slim Whitman died today.
A&E Feature / To-Do List / In Brief / Movie Reviews / Music Reviews / Theater Reviews / A&E News / Art Notes / Graham Gordy / Books / Media / Dining Reviews / Dining Guide / What's Cookin' / Calendar / The Televisionist / Movie Listings / Gallery Listings