Slow day, interrupted by:
* SELF-INFLICTED: The Sikh temple racist gunman fatally shot himself after being wounded by police fire.
* REALITY C&W SONG: Randy Travis arrested for driving drunk (and naked) and threatening to kill cop.
* TRUTH IN POLITICS: State Rep. Justin Harris, the Republican state-subsidized religious school operator, complained on Twitter that an Insurance Department official, Cynthia Crone, said at a national legislative conference that Tea Party Republicans were responsible for blocking implementation of health insurance exchanges to cover more working poor in Arkansas. Party shills instantly parroted this supposedly terrible partisanship on Twitter. Rep. John Burris of Harrison responded:
"That's the first time I've ever agreed with her. She's right. I just think it's a good thing."
Exactly. Own it. Truth is a complete defense. (Also effective ammunition.)
POINT OF CLARIFICATION: It's worth remembering what the 'bagger Republicans blocked was Arkansas-run insurance exchanges. There WILL be health exchanges, barring future Republican blockades. But the issue in the Arkansas legislature was whether the state would control it or the feds. The Republicans' bitter opposition dictated that they let the feds takeover rather than approve a Beebe administration plan.
* TIM GRIFFIN AND OBAMA SHARE IRAN TIE: The Washington Examiner notes that a British bank that does huge business in Iran has made contributions to the Democratic National Committee and the Obama campaign. Before the Repub reverb machine revs up, please note that Republican Rep. Tim Griffin also got $7,300 from the Standard Chartered bank and Republican committees also were beneficiaries.
* UNFORTUNATE: A poll says Toad Suck, Ark., has the most unfortunate town name in the U.S. On the other hand, were it not for the graphic moniker, would there be Toad Suck Daze?
I am sad and angry about this turn of events. There needs to be a…
>Actually, Sound Policy, they have EVERY LEGAL RIGHT to do so.
I suppose I…
The National Weather Service still predicts a moderate risk of severe storms for southwest Arkansas…
A&E Feature / To-Do List / In Brief / Movie Reviews / Music Reviews / Theater Reviews / A&E News / Art Notes / Graham Gordy / Books / Media / Dining Reviews / Dining Guide / What's Cookin' / Calendar / The Televisionist / Movie Listings / Gallery Listings