Find out more →

Get unlimited access. Become a digital member!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tech Park papers withheld on ground of disorganization: UPDATES

Posted By on Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM

good.jpg

The Little Rock Technology Park Authority board, which has the power of eminent domain and $22 million (eventually) in tax dollars to spend to alter the landscape of the city, has received several proposals for non-residential land on which it could build a tech park.

Want to see them? Board chair Mary Good (pictured) says not yet. Her e-mail to us:

"We have received several proposals for sites but we have not had time to organize them. I just returned from vacation today and have had no time to catch up. The August meeting has been cancelled and the next meeting will be in September when we will discuss the process for reviewing and accessing the sites that have been recommended. As soon as we have any information where we are going to do any action we will let you know [our emphasis]."

Thanks for your interest.

Mary Good, Chair
Tech Park Board

Surely the chair of a public board knows that the state Freedom of Information Act doesn't exempt public documents for being "disorganized." The last sentence is the truly transparent one: It translates to "The board will let the public know what it wants it to know when it wants it to know it."

Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce CEO Jay Chesshir, who is also on the board, last week released several proposals the Authority has received: 30 acres on John Barrow Road, 16.8 acres on South Shackleford, a different 37 acres on John Barrow Road, 12.2 acres off South University and the Moon Distributing property at I-30 and Roosevelt.

UPDATE:

Good has replied to our e-mail noting that disorganization was not an excuse for not releasing public material:

I have already sent to Jay for [sic] the files all of the proposals that came to me. There are one or two groups that have asked questions but as of yet have not submitted anything. So if you have what Jay has, you have what I have seen.

UPDATE 2:

We've asked Chesshir to send along the Moses-Tucker proposal on the World Services for the Blind site if he has it, as Good indicates here in her response to our last inquiry, in which we enumerated the released proposals:

There should have been the one for the downtown site (the so-called Center for the Blind site). Everything else that I have received has gone to Jay. I have not had time to check out all the emails and mail that may have come last week. Unfortunately I have some University work that has taken priority. If there are more I will let you know.

UPDATE 3:

Chesshir said he has not received a proposal for the World Services for the Blind site.

Who's on first?

Tags: ,

Speaking of Little Rock Technology Park, Mary Good

Comments (16)

Showing 1-16 of 16

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-16 of 16

Add a comment

More by Leslie Newell Peacock

  • New savory specials: sweet!

    On Saturday, I dropped by ZaZa for a gelato (the Italian yogurt, if you must know, since there was no pistachio to be had). I could have had a large for a $1 off, thanks to Savor the City.
    • Aug 19, 2014
  • Name that Arkansas artist

    The artist who created this work won a prize for it. Name the artist and prize and I'll tell you where you can see it.
    • Aug 18, 2014
  • More »

Most Shared

  • Michelle Duggar and the Family Council try to torpedo Fayetteville non-discrimination ordinance with lies

    The Arkansas Family Council has enlisted Michelle Duggar to oppose a Fayetteville non-discrimination ordinance with a fear-mongering robocall.
  • Fayetteville Council votes 6-2 for civil rights ordinance that protects gay, transgender people

    At 3:20 a.m. today, the Fayetteville City Council voted 6-2 to approve a historic civil rights ordinance that includes LGBT people in its umbrella of employment, housing and accommodation protections. The vote followed 10 hours of comment from 140 people and poignant testimony from gay and transgender people about discrimination they've experienced.
  • Train derailment in Hoxie kills 2; homes evacuated

    Two people were killed with two trains collided near Hwy. 67 early this morning, and State Police are evacuating residents of the southern end of the city while the trains burn. U.S. 67 south of Hoxie and U.S. 63 are closed. The trains were carrying hazardous chemicals.
  • Minimum wage group turns in nearly 70,000 additional signatures

    Give Arkansas a Raise Now, the group seeking to qualify a ballot measure to raise the state minimum wage from $6.25 to $8.50 an hour by 2017, turned in an additional 69,070 signatures to the Arkansas Secretary of State's office today.
  • American Bridge releases report on Koch brothers' environmental impacts and layoffs

    American Bridge, the liberal PAC formed by David Brock, the former Clinton foe now dedicated to round-the-clock Hillary Clinton defender, is out today with a new report on environmental impacts and layoffs from Koch Industries. The report focuses on the business activities of the Koch brothers — more famous for hundreds of millions in political spending aimed at slashing government services, regulation and taxes — in twelve states, including Arkansas. From the report: "The Kochs' extreme, self-serving agenda is bad for working families. And that reality is starkly embodied not only by their political persuasions, but by their business endeavors."

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Blogroll

 

© 2014 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation