Chuck Haralson and Ken Smith were inducted into the Arkansas Tourism Hall of Fame during the 43rd annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism
Readers take over. Final words:
* GUN STOPS CRIME: Yes, it happens. Here, a gun was critical in preventing an alleged rape by a powerful Republican politico in Utah:
In the most recent case, the woman said Peterson took her to his cabin for lunch in April 2010. There, according to the Salt Lake Tribune, he allegedly exposed his genitals to her and tried to force her to touch him. The woman was able to make him stop when she placed her hand on the holster of her gun, the newspaper reported.
*COLLAPSES: Channel 4 reports death of a man in a structure's collapse at Russellville. Another report said an awning fell. Also, in Newton County, reports are coming in of the collapse of a portion of Highway 7 about 2.5 miles south of Jasper, a problem that will cause a long detour for about a week. Details here.
* HOUSTON NUTT LANDS JOB: He'll be a football analyst this fall for CBS.
* EL DORADO PROMISE: Nice article on the El Dorado Promise program, a scholarship for public school graduates in El Dorado funded by Murphy Oil.
* SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT MONEY: The state Education Department says three low-performing high schools have recieved significant federal grants for school improvement. The grant recipients and funding amounts over three years are: McClellan High School in the Little Rock School District, $4,302,960; Hughes High School in the Hughes School District, $1,788,850, and Forrest City High School in the Forrest City School District, $4,916,575
* KATV: BRINKLEY POLICE CHIEF FIRED: Brinkley Police Chief Michael Edwards was not charged after a State Police investigation of allegations of sexual misconduct by a female officer (she said he forced her to perform oral sex), but KATV's Angela Rachels has just Twittered that he has been fired.continues to draw national attention and calls for Police Chief Michael Yates' resignation. His past involvement in racially charged incident in Jonesboro has come back to the surface.
Police have put together a video to re-enact the night's events. In it, police roughly the same size as Chavis Carter, the dead suspect, demonstrate how a handcuffed person could produce a pistol and fire it.
Those scriptures don't mean what he thinks they mean https://www.arneighbors.org/going-off-the-…
Silverback, being stupid in public should not necessarily be embarrassing, unless that stupidity includes the…
There was no Hurricane Hubris