Friday night line is open. Final words:
* NOISE CONTINUES: Two people report that police arrested two anti-abortion protesters at the Little Rock Family Planning clinic in West Little Rock today, apparently for noise violations in overamping their protest. LRPD is looking for a report for me.
UPDATE: LRPD says two men, one from Wichita and the other from Springfield, Mo., were arrested for disorderly conduct failing to reduce volume on their amplified messages, which a neighboring business complained about. One man also was reportedly obstructing traffic.
* ROMNEY APOLOGIZES FOR AMERICA: Sure he did. He's condemned that stupid anti-Muslim movie, just like the State Department did, prompting Mitt's premature ejaculation on foreign policy in the moments after news of American deaths.
* STRIKE OVER: The Chicago teachers strike reportedly is near a settlement that would allow and classes to resume Monday.
* MADNESS: Bomb and other threats reported at University of Texas, North Dakota State and Valparaiso University in Indiana and outside a Kansas City government building. No damage to anyone or thing so far. Keep calm and carry on. Or, if you're a wingnut, hyperventilate about security and the swarthy president. Some indication that massive KC disruption might have been a mistake related to a well-known local figure, an Egyptian native who once testified for the U.S. government against other terrorists.
* PULASKI TECH TAKES A BREATH: Pulaski Tech announced today that fall enrollment was 11,938, eight fewer than last year's record.
* SEEN THIS TRAILER?: The Pulaski sheriff's office put out an APB today for this $4,000, custom-made barbecue trailer reported stolen last week from the 5600 block of Geyer Springs Cutoff. The rig includes a smoker, a grill and a three-basket fish fryer. Roger Smith had taken the trailer to the address for use at a coming event. Neighbors provided information that leads deputies to believe it was taken away by two people driving a gray Chevy Tahoe with tinted windows. Deputies say it was driven by a black man accompanied by a black woman with bright red shoulder length hair.
* THIS IS FUNNY; AND ALSO TERRIBLY SAD: Dr Pepper sticks tongue in cheek, launches an ad that uses evolution in a playful way to sell soda pop. Religionists go batshit.
Keep your conspiracy theories straight.
The conspiracy was Pryor got his…
Mark Pryor and the IRS are good buddies. How do you think Pryor got his…
You have to wonder from his speech if Carter has aspirations for some other high…
A&E Feature / To-Do List / In Brief / Movie Reviews / Music Reviews / Theater Reviews / A&E News / Art Notes / Graham Gordy / Books / Media / Dining Reviews / Dining Guide / What's Cookin' / Calendar / The Televisionist / Movie Listings / Gallery Listings