Jack Pearadin and Doug Nelsen found a 1.73-carat diamond after nearly a year of searching the park's field.
Friday night line is open. Final words:
* NOISE CONTINUES: Two people report that police arrested two anti-abortion protesters at the Little Rock Family Planning clinic in West Little Rock today, apparently for noise violations in overamping their protest. LRPD is looking for a report for me.
UPDATE: LRPD says two men, one from Wichita and the other from Springfield, Mo., were arrested for disorderly conduct failing to reduce volume on their amplified messages, which a neighboring business complained about. One man also was reportedly obstructing traffic.
* ROMNEY APOLOGIZES FOR AMERICA: Sure he did. He's condemned that stupid anti-Muslim movie, just like the State Department did, prompting Mitt's premature ejaculation on foreign policy in the moments after news of American deaths.
* STRIKE OVER: The Chicago teachers strike reportedly is near a settlement that would allow and classes to resume Monday.
* MADNESS: Bomb and other threats reported at University of Texas, North Dakota State and Valparaiso University in Indiana and outside a Kansas City government building. No damage to anyone or thing so far. Keep calm and carry on. Or, if you're a wingnut, hyperventilate about security and the swarthy president. Some indication that massive KC disruption might have been a mistake related to a well-known local figure, an Egyptian native who once testified for the U.S. government against other terrorists.
* PULASKI TECH TAKES A BREATH: Pulaski Tech announced today that fall enrollment was 11,938, eight fewer than last year's record.
* SEEN THIS TRAILER?: The Pulaski sheriff's office put out an APB today for this $4,000, custom-made barbecue trailer reported stolen last week from the 5600 block of Geyer Springs Cutoff. The rig includes a smoker, a grill and a three-basket fish fryer. Roger Smith had taken the trailer to the address for use at a coming event. Neighbors provided information that leads deputies to believe it was taken away by two people driving a gray Chevy Tahoe with tinted windows. Deputies say it was driven by a black man accompanied by a black woman with bright red shoulder length hair.
* THIS IS FUNNY; AND ALSO TERRIBLY SAD: Dr Pepper sticks tongue in cheek, launches an ad that uses evolution in a playful way to sell soda pop. Religionists go batshit.
Crazy Charlie is as obsessed with forcing guns onto the campus as Trump is to…
Steven E, you made some good points about election numbers but still the two top…
Thanks Fayetteville. Let's take care of this!