Over to you. Closing out:
UPDATE: More on the photo above, which has become a subject of web debate. Validation of anti-Obama idiots? A crude plot to make anti-Obama people look bad? Still don't know. Media writer Jim Romenesko kindly explained to me its disappearance from his site:
I got a email claiming there was a virus with the source link at happy-whatever the site was; I have no idea if it's true or not but I wanted to play it safe and just took it down. Also there were claim in the comments that this was staged for an anti-Tea Party event.
* THE ASTROTURF SCHOOL LOBBY: Here's an article from the Billionaire Boys Club blogosphere, in other words a site sympathetic to the end of egalitarian public schools in favor of a world where vouchers or quasi-private charter schools or taxpayer-financed home schools or anything that doesn't include a teachers union prevails. It features Laurie Lee (nee Masterson, the former Fayetteville school library book banner) and her new "grassroots" group. Grassroots my bippy. She and others listed in the Arkansas "reform" movement — such as devoted LR school critic Gary Newton, another professed 'reformer' — share significant financial support from the unlimited Walton pocketbook, either by a direct grant or support from organizations themselves living on Walton and other billionaire support. This article also cites the Arkansas affiliation with an anti-union teachers group that has also benefitted from Walton greenery.
* CONFIDENCE IN ELECTIONS: What do you think Republicans in Arkansas would be saying if they learned that Michelle Obama or Obama financiers had financial ties to ownership of electronic voting machines on which the Arkansas election is being conducted? Just asking. Because Tagg Romney is an investor in a company with ties to the supplier of OHIO'S voting machines. Right-wingers are saying Tagg Romney is removed sufficiently from ownership of the vote machine company, but it IS nonetheless led directly by major Romney campaign money men. Republican funny business, as you know, is a regular occurrence in national elections in that vital swing state. Just move along. If we only had Voter ID, we could trust our elections.
* ON THE OTHER HAND ... Bad news for Democrats in an apparent successful sting by right-winger Jame O'Keefe. The son and field director of Democratic Rep. James Moran's campaign has resigned after being filmed giving advice on how to evade alternate identification requirements of the Virginia voter ID law. No excuses for this if the facts are as presented. But I think this is worth noting: The Voter ID law in Virginia is the sort Republicans want. It now would seem to have the counter-intuitive effect of encouraging new ways to commit fraud. The scheme sketchily described is somewhat unclear as to how it would work in actual practice. Doesn't matter. It appears someone got caught encouraging it, whether it practically could have been used to any real effect or not.
* MAYA ANGELOU WROTE ME (AND A FEW JILLION OTHERS) TODAY:
Go, rise up, and let your friends and family in early vote states know where they can vote today. We must make our voices heard:
Your vote is not only important. It's imperative.
* IMPERATIVE? NO DOUBT ABOUT IT: Check this report on a new study on the impact of a Medicaid budget based on Paul Ryan's blueprint — a $1.7 TRILLION slashing in 10 years. That just doesn't mean more sick and dying people — men, women and children — it means a devastating impact on the economy in lost health industry work.
* CITY BOARD CANDIDATE ADDRESSES THE LITTLE ROCK BOARD: Robert Webb doesn't get much time or attention from the Little Rock Board of Directors. He opposed the city sales tax. He raised enough of a ruckus that Mayor Stodola wouldn't reappoint him to the housing authority. He's running for board against the bullying Joan Adcock, for whom he has a few choice words in the following letter about the Board meeting last night:
Mayor and Board members,
Last night I attended the board meeting with some young men to hear about the proposed skills center. During Director Richardson's comments on these issues, the young men brought to my attention a disturbing motion made by Director Adcock and they were upset and confused. While he was speaking, Director Adcock made a throat cutting move to the Vice Mayor and they didn't know if she was implying that he should be silenced or that his throat should be cut (the latter interpretation was based on what they know this means in the community) Both of these interpretations were equally disturbing. I told them that she was telling the Vice Mayor to cut off his remarks and because it was their first meeting, they asked, do board members have a certain amount of time to speak and I told them no, unless your speaking truth to nonsense. They then asked, why was she disrespecting him like that and I told them they would have to ask her. A couple of them mentioned this is the same kind of disrespect they encounter in our city. Personally, I've NEVER seen her do this to any of her other colleagues and it was upsetting that she would do that to a duly elected official. Please review the recording of the meeting to witness this action.
I was contacted by someone who's running for public office this morning and was told that they would begin ticketing and towing campaign vehicles parked in front of city hall. This candidate and I were both confused because we've witnessed vehicles parked there before without such ramifiications. In fact, the firefighters bus has been parked there for as long as two weeks in the past. This is very confusing and seems like selective enforcement.
I've been asked repeatedly about when the candidates forum will run on the access channel and I can't get a clear answer from anyone. We are 13 days away from the election and it hasn't been shown once. A lot of people who didn't have a chance to attend have been asking when will it run so that they can hear the candidates. I would like to think that the city would want everyone to hear the candidates and their positions on important issues. When will it run? In past elections, it began running within a week of the forum.
It seems politricks continue in our city, while we have serious issues facing our city!
EDITOR'S NOTE: The city was promising a schedule for broadcast of candidate forums by the end of the day today.
LivingFree - "Seriously?! This is the best the Arkansas LibProg Machine can come up with?!"…
Drought, famine, loss of species, air and water pollution, melting ice caps, changes in the…
Go ask Sarah Mitchel if I made it up....better go ask doubts coutts and PT…