He was recently re-elected easily in Tennessee, though some of this sordid tale was already leaking into public print. A helpful court, citing lack of a completed transcript, delayed until after the election release of court testimony that lays out in full his background.
* Avowed supporter of "pro-life" (anti-abortion) policies? Check.
* Family values candidate? Check.
* Divorced? Check.
* Former wife had two abortions BEFORE they were married? Check.
* Had sex with two former patients (he's a physician)? Check.
* Had sex with three co-workers? Check.
* Had sex with a drug company rep? Check.
* Urged one of the patient sex partners to get an abortion? Check.
* Lied about conversations with patient in which he urged her to get abortion? Check.
* Wrote painkiller prescriptions for one of mistress/patients and provided various gifts including a plane ticket to Las Vegas? Check.
* Said in questioning, "I've never been challenged or questioned in terms of my integrity before."? Check.
So now he has fired not only Meyer, but also Huckabee?
You remind me eL, I meant to comment on your Rick Santorum link. About that…
Raising a glass up here in the hills! Great work Arkansas Public Law Center.