Ezra Klein is Twittering details of a congressional deal on taxes and spending (at least it's a deal on the Senate side; House Republicans such as Tiny Tim Griffin have yet to be heard from on a deal that would increase taxes on the well-to-do). What Ezra is saying so far:
6. Deal raises about $600b — and maybe a bit more — in taxes over 10 years. As always details can change, but that's where it is now.
5. Estate tax set at $10m exemption but 40% rate.
4. Sequester unclear. Prez wants to offset with taxes and spending cuts. R's only want to offset with spending cuts.
3. UI and business cuts extended through 2013. Stimulus cuts for 5 years. Medicare cuts stopped with offsets. Payroll cut expires.
2. Dividends and cap gains taxes at 20% of the $400k/$450k levels. PEP at $250k. Pease at $300k.
1. Details on the deal: 39.6% tax rate for individual income over 400k/family income over $450k. AMT patched permanently.
Here's more from Politico. This deal won't be completed today, if ever.
Chess pie? Southern? Arkansan pie. Really? According to James Beard's American Cookery (1972) chess pie…
In my opinion, the jury is still out on Uber. It might be of use…
Thanks for demonstrating my point, baker.