* BUDDY CAN YOU SPARE A KILOWATT?: my power went out about 11 last night and still out. WTF? I now see I am among 1,800, an area that includes Riverdale's restaurant row, that may be in the dark until 9 am. Or I relocate. Phone blogging is for the birds. UPDATE: Make it noon they now say by robocall. WTF? UPDATE II: They happily hit the earlier 9 a.m. projection. Though not before lack of traffic lights in Riverdale caused rush hour traffic tieups and wrecks. Oops. When snow causes outages, you don't have so many cars on the street.
* NLR SCHOOL SUPER: The school board will interview five to succeed retiring chief:
Bobby Acklin, Assistant Superintendent of Schools, North Little Rock School District; Rhonda Dickey, Administrative Director of Secondary Schools North Little Rock School District; Kelly Rodgers, Superintendent of Schools, Terrell Independent School District, Terrell, Texas; Dr. Belinda Shook, Superintendent of Schools, Beebe School District, Beebe, Arkansas; Dr. Larry E. Smith, Superintendent of Schools, White Hall School District.
* SPEAKING OF SCHOOLS — AND GUNS: Log Cabin reports arrest of Guy-Perkins super on charges related to stolen guns.
* GO TIGERS: The city of Little Rock and the convention bureau chipped in $5,000 yesterday to help the Central High band play in the inaugural parade. Check Little Rock school website for how to pitch in. Money still needed.
* MORE JUSTIN BIEBER: A ton more from Justin Bieber's Verizon show last night on Brian Chilson's Facebook.
In confirming the arrest, LRPD said a partial license plate number from witnesses led to the arrest by the hit-and-run investigation team. Maybe they'll get to the bottom of a lesser hit-and-run reported to me yesterday from Markham and University involving a sports car with a state legislative plate.
Love the bread bags eLwood! I agree that as nice as it is to see…
The street parking spaces in front of Capitol Building have reserved numbers for the legislators…
Absolutely no confidence in the Arkansas Supreme Court.