It's a travel day for me as well as Sunday. So it likely will be slow here today. Some morning headlines and other stuff:
* DEADLY FIRE IN NIGHTCLUB: More than 200 dead and many injured in a nightclub fire in Brazil.
* WOMEN'S RIGHTS 1: THE FIGHT OVER BIRTH CONTROL: A good roundup in the New York Times over the many legal actions arising from the federal health care law's requirement that health insurance cover birth control pills and other contraception. It's heading to the U.S. Supreme Court and the article concludes judges' own outlooks inevitably will influence resolution of conflicts between comprehensive health care and religion.
* WOMEN'S RIGHTS 2: RAPE VICTIMS: The Huffington Post compiled an infographic highlighting which states 1) mandate a waiting period for an abortion, even in cases of rape and 2) allow rapists to sue for custody and visitation rights. Arkansas is among the states in which both burdens to rape victims apply.
* WHO OWNS THE GOVERNMENT?: Interesting also today is this report on the secretly financed campaign to defeat the nomination of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary. Citizens United strikes again.
* HOW TO GROW BUSINESS: With news coming in Arkansas of what apparently will be a massive investment of state tax money in return for a business expansion in the state, this Washington Post article offers another way to grow business. It's about Google's use of its own capital to wire Kansas City for superfast Internet. The hope is that it will lure all types of high-tech startup ventures that require the vast and speedy data network Google is installing. There are some signs it might be working.
I agree eLwood. A great season opener with the Huckabee and Santorum commercial and the…
SNL really fried Santorum and Huckabee tonight. Gave Trump a good working over too. The…
I plan to support the Democratic nominee.
who do you support radical ?