Collins to work toward increasing visitation to Arkansas by groups and promoting the state's appeal
“The last person elected to this office betrayed the public’s trust and left a financial mess. My administration will enforce a rigorous Code of Ethics for employees and all vendors to reform the office and restore the people’s trust,” said Garcia. “My plan prohibits employees, and the State Treasurer, from receiving any gifts from anyone doing business with the office, requires full transparency on all bids and has a code of ethics for any company wishing to do business with the state.”
Garcia’s 10-page Code of Ethics Plan is outlined into two main sections. One section covers the State Treasurer and all employees and the second section covers all companies or individuals who wish to do business with the Office of State Treasurer. The complete plan is available for viewing on Karen Sealy Garcia’s website at www.garciafortreasurer.com/issues.html
“I am a professional accountant, not a professional politician,” said Garcia. “During my years as an accountant for a Fortune 100 company I earned a reputation as a ‘no-nonsense’ accountant and that is exactly what we need in the Office of State Treasurer. I am a qualified, experienced professional who will clean up the mess left by the last person elected to this position.”
“Starting on day one as State Treasurer my Code of Ethics Plan will be implemented and enforced with no exceptions,” said Garcia.
1) No Gifts – The State Treasurer and all employees are prohibited from accepting gifts, food or any form of entertainment from anyone or company that does business or hopes to do business with the office.
2) No Cronyism – The Treasurer’s Office will only hire experienced and competent financial managers.
3) Full Transparency – All transactions will be reported daily on the official website. The office will also report daily on every bid from every broker.
4) No Insider Dealing – Only brokers or companies that provide the best investment opportunities will be considered.
5) 5) No Special Favors– No special favors or considerations will be provided to anyone.
6) Legal Compliance – Only suppliers committed to obeying the law in conducting business will be allowed to deal with the Treasurer’s Office.
7) Ethics – Only suppliers demonstrating ethical behavior will be allowed to do business with the Treasurer’s Office.
Do the progressives on this blog realize that you can't fight and scream for woman's…
Tom Clancy is my favorite author-Debt of Honor. Saw Colbert's skit using novels. He is…
El Presidente had a very busy schedule again today (from his official daily e-mail): MORNING:…