U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor
has proposed legislation to encourage U.S. job creation
* Ends tax breaks for companies that move overseas. No more deductions for cost of moving personnel and operations.
* A tax credit up to 20 percent of the costs of bringing jobs back to the U.S. This would be on top of an existing deduction.
* A grant program that would give rural states money to make $5,000-per-job forgivable loans to recruit overseas companies.
* Extend tax credits for increased expensing and bonus depreciation to help small and medium-sized companies and farms.
* Require use of made-in America products on public works and taxpayer-funded infrastructure.
* Permanently extend the Build America Bonds program to finance public capital projects, including for levees and flood control
* Create a standardized labeling program for American-made goods.
* Allow a tax-free savings account for small business startups.
* A 25 percent income tax credit for small business investment, particularly in advanced industries, clean energy and transportation infrastructure.