Historical entertainment planned for joint celebration of three Southwest Arkansas milestone anniversaries
Obamacare helped only “some people” in Arkansas? Let’s tally them up:
• Two hundred thirty thousand adults who didn’t have it have obtained insurance.
• Since 2012 between 125,000 and 200,000 others have shared $17,740,412 in rebates from their insurers, as Obamacare requires when the insurance companies use more than 15 or 20 percent of people’s insurance premiums on overhead, promotion and profits. That’s a lot of spending money circulated in the Arkansas economy.
• Arkansas seniors have pocketed some $125 million in drug savings since 2011 owing to Obamacare’s gradual closing of the donut hole in Medicare drug coverage—the threshold where the sick pick up the full cost of their drugs. And seniors can now get preventive screenings at no out-of-pocket cost.
• Several thousand children have been added to the Medicaid and private rolls, many because of Obamacare’s directive that no child be denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions, many of them from birth.
• Thousands of young adults up to the age of 26 were added to the plans of their parents in 2010-11.
• Every Arkansan who has enjoyed health coverage has the peace of mind of knowing, should they ever become aware of Obamacare, that their insurance can never be canceled or their benefits suspended by lifetime or annual caps or be denied insurance for a medical condition.
Obamacare will continue to be an administrative nightmare for the government, as any universal system linking tax credits and private markets is bound to be, but helping only “some people”?
The Capitol Police report to the Arkansas Secretary of State...which is frightening. If that weren't…
It is called choices and consequences when was health care a God given right. Why…
I am another Arkansas native now living on the East coast....This is another reason why!