* “Wonder if ole Sunshine (reporter) could pass a drug test,” Yates wrote on one post. “Why yes, she has been arrested before.”
* “Pro-dope smoking, law license revoked, left wing liberal, smelly, arrested by police, unscrupulous reporter.”
* “This is the kind of journalism we have now ... ask ole Sunshine (reporter) why her law license got suspended next time you see her.”
* “Reminds me of a song ... ‘ain’t no Sunshine when she’s gone’ etc.”
* “Dealing with ole Sunshine is like trying to pick up a dog turd by the ‘clean end.’”
* “I intend to help that ship sink ... torpedoes away!”
“The level of stress and anxiety created by a public official who commands a small army, and who targets someone in such a manner for First Amendment protected activities is hard to measure,” Crump wrote in a resignation letter to Sun editors.
“The comments that Chief Yates posted are very disturbing and damaging to this newspaper,” Mosesso said. “It’s time for Mayor Harold Perrin to step up and deal with him to prevent this from happening to any other local business or private citizen. Any other entity would have already fired or suspended an employee who made these types of vindictive comments, and our city department heads should obviously be held to an even higher standard.”
“Specifically, Chief Yates had provided written, public commentary on Facebook and perhaps elsewhere that could give rise to a claim for defamation by Jonesboro Sun reporter Sunshine Crump,” Attorney John E. Tull III wrote in the letter.
“As you can see, even without any knowledge of Ms. Crump, Chief Yates has made several false and defamatory statements of fact concerning Ms. Crump,” the letter continued. “At a minimum, these statements are unprofessional and unbecoming of the Jonesboro Police Chief, and The Jonesboro Sun respectfully requests that he and other officers and employees of the Jonesboro Police Department refrain from making similar comments in the future.”
“I do not feel safe here, and I will not continue to be put in a position of self-defense,” she wrote in a letter. “I am an innocent person and an American citizen.”
Friday was a good day for a few more voters.
ANNND! Never ever let your polar bear get a light saber. http://popkey.co/m/8q6Ee-polar+bears-light…
Two words come to mind: Grade Inflation.