Death in drive-by | Arkansas Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Death in drive-by

Posted By on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 8:41 AM

click to enlarge unknown.jpg
Police have identified a suspect, but have not yet arrested him, in the shooting death of Latonio Quince in a rolling drive-by on Mabelvale West near Southwest Hospital early this morning.

POLICE RELEASE

SUSPECT – B/M,
VICTIM – LATONIO QUINCE
INCIDENT DATE/TIME – 8-5-09
INCIDENT LOCATION – MABELVALE WEST
 
On 8-5-09, officers responded to a shooting just occurred call at 11525 Mabelvale West and located a gunshot victim at 11401 I30 (Southwest Hospital).  It was determined the victim was Latonio Quince.  Quince was transported to Baptist Hospital were he was pronounced dead. 
 
A witness advised they were traveling eastbound on Mabelvale West when a white Crown Victoria sped up to the side of their vehicle.  He then advised that the male subject rolled down the window of the vehicle and fired multiple shots. A suspect was developed and warrants were obtained for Murder 1st and Terroristic Act.  He has not been arrested and we are not releasing the name of the suspect at this time. We hope to have him in custody today.

NOTE: The original police release said incorrectly that the suspect had been arrested.

click to enlarge unknown.jpg

UPDATE: The police have identifed Joshua Allen, 20, as the suspect and are seeking him. They warn that he should be considered armed and dangerous.

From the ArkTimes store

Favorite

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

More by Max Brantley

Readers also liked…

  • Judge anticipates punishment of lawyers in Fort Smith class action case

    Federal Judge P.K. Holmes of Fort Smith issued a 32-page ruling yesterday indicating he contemplates punishment of 16 lawyers who moved a class action lawsuit against an insurance company out of his court to a state court in Polk County after a settlement had been worked out.
    • Apr 15, 2016
  • Among the last words from Kenneth Williams: 'Finger Lickin' Good Fried Chicken'

    What's purported to be a final-words essay from condemned prisoner Kenneth Williams was distributed today by Deborah Robinson, a freelance journalist in Arkansas.  He reflects on his execution, his victims, reactions of inmates and big servings of fried chicken, which he says are given to all inmates on execution days.
    • Apr 27, 2017
  • LR speakers blast state board for double standard

    A series of speakers, beginning with Sen. Joyce Elliott, denounced what they saw as a hidden agenda favoring charter schools at the state Department of Education and asked the state Board of Education for return of local control.
    • May 12, 2016

Most Shared

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Blogroll

 

© 2017 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation