eStem announces Brooks' departure | Arkansas Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

eStem announces Brooks' departure

Posted By on Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:19 AM

The eStem Charter School in downtown Little Rock called in press this morning to announce that the organization's chief administrator, Roy Brooks, is stepping down at the end of the year. It's unclear whether there will continue to be a separate administrative office for the three eStem charter schools, which expand to K-11 in 2010, officials said

"My challenge is done," Brooks said. He declined to specify what his future plans might hold. He's operated a consulting business previously.

Brooks was hired to lead eStem after he was ousted as Little Rock School District superintendent by a split school board. The administrative office he's heading has undergone a number of budget cutbacks because it was running deeply in the red. Brooks' own pay was cut. Jess Askew of the eStem Board said budget difficulties had been solved by the cuts.

From the ArkTimes store

Favorite

Comments (14)

Showing 1-14 of 14

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-14 of 14

Add a comment

More by Max Brantley

Readers also liked…

  • Kenneth Starr: A comment from Betsey Wright

    Betsey Wright, former President Bill Clinton's chief of staff when he was Arkansas governor, responds bitterly to a New York Times article today quoting Whitewater Prosecutor Kenneth Starr's warm words about Clinton. She can't forget the lives Starr ruined in Arkansas.
    • May 24, 2016
  • The long and winding road: No exception yet for 30 Crossing

    The Arkansas highway department's representative on the Metroplan board of directors told the board today that the department is requesting an exception to the planning agency's cap on six lanes for its 30 Crossing project to widen Interstate 30 from six to 10 (and more) lanes.
    • Jun 29, 2016
  • Medical marijuana backers: Health Department opposition 'disingenuous' and 'cruel'

    Arkansans for Compassionate Care, the group behind the first medical marijuana initiative to qualify for the ballot, has responded sharply to yesterday's statement by the Arkansas Health Department that it opposes legal medical use of marijuana.
    • Jul 13, 2016

Most Shared

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Blogroll

 

© 2017 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation