Storm aftermath — four dead in Vilonia | Arkansas Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Storm aftermath — four dead in Vilonia

Posted By on Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 6:32 AM

The morning hasn't yet brought a comprehensive assessment of the widespread damage from last night's storms and the continuing high water. But Twitter feeds indicate concern about unaccounted for residents of Vilonia, apparently hardest hit.

The Log Cabin Democrat reported at 1 a.m. this morning that two people had been confirmed killed in tornado damage in Vilonia. The fire chief said many people had not been reached, but getting in touch wasn't easy amid the debris, loss of power and general confusion. An earlier Log Cabin report detailed the damage in Vilonia's central business area.

UPDATE: Vilonia death toll put here at 4. Five other people died, some swept away in flood-caught vehicles — two in Madison County, two in Benton County and one in Washington County.

Reports say houses and three C-130s damaged at Little Rock Air Force Base. That's not far from North Pulaski High School, closed today because of heavy damage. The base elementary also was closed.

Tags: , ,

From the ArkTimes store

Favorite

Comments (3)

Showing 1-3 of 3

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-3 of 3

Add a comment

More by Max Brantley

Readers also liked…

  • Super Bowl line

    Over to you.
    • Feb 7, 2016
  • Donald Trump declares war on Hillary Clinton's marriage

    Donald Trump gave a remarkable interview to the New York Times yesterday in which he declared open season on the marriage of Bill and Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton's past infidelity. Seems like a loser, but I've been wrong before.
    • Oct 1, 2016
  • Charter school accountability: Non-existent in Arkansas

    A state audit finds charter school spending violated state law, but the state Education Department says it has no responsibility for ensuring proper management of charter schools. Say what?
    • Mar 5, 2016

Most Shared

  • City ethics update; campaign limit was supposed to help the little guy

    Some more history on the Little Rock city ordinance that limits candidates for mayor and City Board to raising campaign funds to five months before the November 2018 election. It raises questions not only about Warwick Sabin's fund-raising tactics, but also Mayor Mark Stodola's carryover money.

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Blogroll

 

© 2017 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation