$100,000 reward in West Memphis 3 case | Arkansas Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

$100,000 reward in West Memphis 3 case

Posted By on Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM

$100,000 is real money. So an offer of $100,000 for information leading to arrest and conviction of whoever killed three West Memphis 8-year-olds in 1993 has the potential of turning something loose.

That's the latest news from the group that worked to free the men convicted in the case last year. Their effort for complete exoneration continues.

NEWS RELEASE

$100,000 REWARD IN WEST MEMPHIS 3 CASE FOR NEW INFORMATION LEADING TO ARREST AND CONVICTION OF INDIVIDUAL(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MURDER OF STEVIE BRANCH, MICHAEL MOORE AND CHRIS BYERS

CALL CONFIDENTIAL TIP LINE— 501.256.1775

OR WRITE:
PO Box 183, 6834 Cantrell Road, Little Rock, AR 72207

(Arkansas — February 28, 2012) In an effort to find the real killers of the three boys in the West Memphis 3 case, an anonymous donor has offered a $100,000 reward for new information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the murders of Stevie Branch, Christopher Byers, and Michael Moore on May 5, 1993.

Billboards and radio advertising will promote the reward and encourage those with credible information to contact the confidential tip line as soon as possible. Attorneys for Damien Echols will review all calls and verify the information provided. All credible evidence will be turned over to Scott Ellington, Craighead County prosecutor, who has said that he will review evidence presented to him from Echols’s defense team.

Little Rock attorney Patrick Benca, said, “”There are people in Arkansas who have information about who killed these three little boys and we encourage them to come forward now. We want to bring those responsible to justice. We are not looking for theories, but for real information that can put the true criminal(s) behind bars.”

Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley were freed in August 2011, after serving eighteen years in the wrongful conviction murder of the three children in 1993. Their freedom was based upon a plea agreement in which, while maintaining their innocence, the three agreed to an Alford plea. They were released based upon time served. The three, men, who unequivocally claim they are innocent, nevertheless accepted the deal to get out of prison. They have vowed to continue to fight to seek justice in the case and want the real killers to be found.

Capi Peck, founder of Arkansas Take Action, said, “We know Damien, Jason and Jessie were not involved in this crime, and that those responsible are still in our community. It may be difficult to provide information about a murder, but it is the right thing to do. We are hopeful that this reward will motivate someone to help put an end to these tragic events.”

Tags:

From the ArkTimes store

Favorite

Comments (7)

Showing 1-7 of 7

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-7 of 7

Add a comment

More by Max Brantley

  • Anybody around?

    The Thanksgiving open line.
    • Nov 23, 2017
  • Turkeys rescued in Yellville enjoy their Thanksgiving

    Farm Sanctuary, an animal protection organization, sends word that four turkeys rescued from the Yellville Turkey Trot after the annual drops from buildings and an airplane will enjoy Thanksgiving in friendlier places
    • Nov 23, 2017
  • The New Orleans charter school 'miracle'? It's a ruse

    The New Orleans Tribune has a devastating piece of editorial commentary, based on local reporting and test scores, that lays bare the depiction of the charterization of New Orleans public schools 12 years ago as a miracle of the "reform" movement.
    • Nov 23, 2017
  • More »

Readers also liked…

  • LR speakers blast state board for double standard

    A series of speakers, beginning with Sen. Joyce Elliott, denounced what they saw as a hidden agenda favoring charter schools at the state Department of Education and asked the state Board of Education for return of local control.
    • May 12, 2016
  • Little Rock school activists announce events for 60th anniversary of Central High crisis

    The group is not affiliated with the official "Reflections of Progress" commemoration of the 60th anniversary. However, at least two of the Little Rock Nine may be joining the group for an event at 2:30 p.m. at the state Capitol in the Old Supreme Court Chamber.
    • Sep 14, 2017
  • The long and winding road: No exception yet for 30 Crossing

    The Arkansas highway department's representative on the Metroplan board of directors told the board today that the department is requesting an exception to the planning agency's cap on six lanes for its 30 Crossing project to widen Interstate 30 from six to 10 (and more) lanes.
    • Jun 29, 2016

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

  • Re: Anybody around?

    • Shit, Cato, looks like somebody might have to do some time. Won't be hard time…

    • on November 23, 2017
  • Re: Anybody around?

    • Just in case anyone on board is keeping up with the Sen. Jake Files escapades:…

    • on November 23, 2017
  • Re: Anybody around?

    • Great story mountaingirl!

    • on November 23, 2017

Blogroll

 

© 2017 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation