Mayflower oil spill victim coming down | Arkansas Blog

Monday, October 7, 2013

Mayflower oil spill victim coming down

Posted By on Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM

click to enlarge TWITTER/COURTNEY SPRADLIN
  • Twitter/Courtney Spradlin
Courtney Spradlin of the Log Cabin Democrat in Conway has posted on Twitter the photos above of a house  coming down at 32 N. Starlite in the Mayflower subdivision fouled by the burst ExxonMobil pipeline carrying Canadian tar sands. I'm surprised Tiny Tim Griffin didn't get in the shot with a prepared statement on his newfound interest in accountability for Big Oil. He's too busy working on either a) keeping the government shut down or b) another tar sand pipeline through Nebraska. Not to worry: the daily newspaper will have its obligatory self-serving Griffin quote tomorrow. 

Two houses are coming down today; negotiations continue on what's to be done about other houses in the subdivision. Even Exxon says it's the only way in the case of these two houses to be sure the cleanup is complete near ground zero of the spill.

The first house, at 32 North Starlite, was acquired by Mobil Pipeline Co. on Aug. 26 for $151,000, according to assessor's records. Charles Williams bought the house in 2009 for $130,000. It was gone in an hour or so. The second house, at 36 N. Starlite, was purchased Aug. 21 by Mobile Pipeline for $177,000. It had been bought in April 2012 for $180,000 by Daneshia Roberts-Modica and Jose Modica, again all according to assessor records.
click to enlarge 2ND TO FALL: At 36 N. Starlite. - BRIAN CHILSON
  • Brian Chilson
  • 2ND TO FALL: At 36 N. Starlite.




Tags: , , , ,


Sign up for the Daily Update email
Favorite

Comments (6)

Showing 1-6 of 6

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-6 of 6

Add a comment

More by Max Brantley

  • Where's the outrage?

    Am I the only person, apart from federal prosecutors, outraged about the criminal enterprise that inveigled itself into a privileged position as an Arkansas taxpayer-financed human services provider to the tune, today, of $43 million a year?
    • Jun 21, 2018
  • Where's the outrage?

    • Jun 21, 2018
  • Rutledge opponent hits her socializing with corporate interests

    Mike Lee, the Democratic candidate for attorney general, has criticized Attorney General Leslie Rutledge over recent reports of her participation at private meetings where corporate interests make big contributions to a political group she heads for access to state legal officers.
    • Jun 21, 2018
  • More »

Readers also liked…

  • Arkansas Supreme Court refuses to rehear invalidation of marijuana act

    The Arkansas Supreme Court today denied a request to rehear its decision invalidating Issue 7, the medical marijuana initiated act.
    • Nov 3, 2016
  • Women's March planned in Arkansas to mark Trump inauguration

    Speaking of Donald Trump and in answer to a reader's question: There will be a women's march in Arkansas on Jan. 21, the day after inauguration, as well as the national march planned in Washington.
    • Dec 30, 2016
  • Trump immigration protest at LR: Quick and fierce

    It was not even 24 hours ago that Sophia Said, director of the Interfaith Center; City Director Kathy Webb and others decided to organize a protest today of Donald Trump's executive order that has left people from Muslim countries languishing in airports or unable to come to the US at all — people with visas, green cards,a  post-doc graduate student en route to Harvard, Google employees abroad, families. I got the message today before noon; others didn't find out until it was going on. But however folks found out, they turned out in huge numbers, more than thousand men, women and children, on the grounds of the state Capitol to listen to speakers from all faiths and many countries.
    • Jan 29, 2017

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Slideshows

 

© 2018 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation