$500,000 bond set for Paragould OBGYN in video voyeurism case | Arkansas Blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

$500,000 bond set for Paragould OBGYN in video voyeurism case

Posted By on Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM

click to enlarge BECTON - BOOKING PHOTO
  • booking photo
  • BECTON
A Paragould OBGYN accused of five counts of video voyeurism in a case in which a patient said he photographed her without her consent during an examination has seen his bond set at a half-million dollars. 

A press release from the office of Second Judicial District Prosecutor Scott Ellington says that Dr. Paul Becton, Jr. 68, is currently being held in the Greene County Detention Center. He has been ordered by Greene County District Judge Dan Stidham to surrender his passport, have no contact with the alleged victim in the case, and to not travel outside the Second Judicial District without approval from the court if he bonds out of jail. An investigation of Becton was launched by the Paragould Police Department and the Arkansas State Police after a former patient of Becton's came forward to say that she suspected Becton had taken photos of her unclothed pelvic region without her consent during an office visit. 

Becton, who ran a practice in Paragould called The Becton Women's Clinic, will appear for plea and arraignment in Greene County Circuit Court in Paragould on May 30. Becton's bio at the Becton Clinic website says he was raised in Little Rock, and got his M.D. from the University of Arkansas Medical School before serving his residency at University Hospital in Little Rock. The page says that Becton moved his practice to Paragould in 2007, and is a staff member at Arkansas Methodist Medical Center.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Favorite

Comments (3)

Showing 1-3 of 3

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-3 of 3

Add a comment

More by David Koon

Readers also liked…

  • Women's March planned in Arkansas to mark Trump inauguration

    Speaking of Donald Trump and in answer to a reader's question: There will be a women's march in Arkansas on Jan. 21, the day after inauguration, as well as the national march planned in Washington.
    • Dec 30, 2016
  • French Hill votes against disaster aid to Puerto Rico

    Republican U.S. Rep. French Hill alone among Arkansas's House delegation voted last week against a measure that provided $36.5 billion in disaster aid, a portion  for hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico as well as money for wildfire response and to support the flood insurance program.
    • Oct 14, 2017
  • Tom Cotton's influence on Trump's new security chief

    U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton is getting credit for pushing President Donald Trump to select Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster as his national security adviser, Politico reports.
    • Feb 21, 2017

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Slideshows

 

© 2018 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation