At least two Pryor-Cotton TV debates possible, Cotton says | Arkansas Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2014

At least two Pryor-Cotton TV debates possible, Cotton says

Posted By on Thu, May 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM

U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor and Republican challenger Tom Cotton could engage in at least two televised debates, according to a news release today from the Cotton campaign.

KATV will hold one debate at UALR and KAIT and Jonesboro groups will hold another. Cotton said both debates would include an opportunity for candidates to directly question each other.

Cotton said he still intended to press for a series of "Lincoln-Douglas style" debates across Arkansas, with just the candidates sparring and no journalist "filters." The Lincoln-Douglas debates went on for three hours. There were no TV cameras. Three hours of Cotton-Pryor might bring cameras, but ........ 

CLARIFICATION: I didn't adequately note the nuance here. Cotton's release said he had accepted the debates, but didn't speak for Pryor. The Pryor camp, to date, has said there will be debates but specifics are yet to be worked out.. 


Tags: , , , ,

From the ArkTimes store

Favorite

Comments (3)

Showing 1-3 of 3

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-3 of 3

Add a comment

More by Max Brantley

  • The Clintons

    I wasn't particularly excited about the 25th anniversary celebration of Bill Clinton's election. Life goes on.
    • Nov 23, 2017
  • Memphian named as new Little Rock fire chief

    City Manager Bruce Moore has chosen Delphone Hubbard, a 22-year veteran of the Memphis Fire Department, to be Little Rock fire chief, succeeding Gregory Summers, who retired in August.
    • Nov 22, 2017
  • Little Rock dentist sues over his arrest

    KARK/Fox 16 reports that Dr. Jose Turcios, a Little Rock dentist acquitted of a charge that he'd molested a teen patient, has sued police officers who participated in his investigation and arrest.
    • Nov 22, 2017
  • More »

Readers also liked…

  • Judge anticipates punishment of lawyers in Fort Smith class action case

    Federal Judge P.K. Holmes of Fort Smith issued a 32-page ruling yesterday indicating he contemplates punishment of 16 lawyers who moved a class action lawsuit against an insurance company out of his court to a state court in Polk County after a settlement had been worked out.
    • Apr 15, 2016
  • Free Zinn book for Arkansas teachers

    Arkansas teachers! Get your free Howard Zinn book here! Whether Kim Hendren likes it or not.
    • Mar 3, 2017
  • LR speakers blast state board for double standard

    A series of speakers, beginning with Sen. Joyce Elliott, denounced what they saw as a hidden agenda favoring charter schools at the state Department of Education and asked the state Board of Education for return of local control.
    • May 12, 2016

Most Shared

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Blogroll

 

© 2017 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation