Suhl businesses suspended from Medicaid | Arkansas Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Suhl businesses suspended from Medicaid

Posted By on Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Maxus Inc. and Trinity Behavioral Health Services are being suspended as Medicaid providers by the Department of Human Services, DHS has announced. The companies are owned by Ted Suhl; the suspension comes after a former DHS employee pleaded guilty to bribery and conspiracy to bribe Suhl in response for inside agency information on facility reports. Suhl was not named in the information filed by the U.S. attorney's office with the federal court, but DHS has confirmed that Suhl was the "Person C" referred to in court filings.

In letters to both companies, DHS said that the agency "received a credible allegation of fraud" against Maxus and Trinity. Read the letters 
PDF here
and 
In its announcement of the, DHS said it "feels it is necessary that providers and potential providers understand we take allegations of this nature extremely seriously."

The agency is allowing for a transition period so that children and adults served by Maxus and Trinity will have continuity of care. Value Options, which contracts with DHS, will work with the Medicaid beneficiaries to find alternate providers. That means Maxus and Trinity will operate during the transition period. Earlier, DHS said 80 inpatient and 2,300 outpatients would be affected.

Suhl has 30 days to appeal the decision.

 

Tags: , , ,


Sign up for the Daily Update email
Favorite

Comments (12)

Showing 1-12 of 12

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-12 of 12

Add a comment

More by Leslie Newell Peacock

  • Satia Spencer & Friends at Wildwood

    Elephantom at Stickyz and other things to do.
    • Jul 19, 2018
  • A deeper dive into a wider 30

    A look at ARDOT's environmental report.
    • Jul 18, 2018
  • UAMS restarts cardiac surgery program

    The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which had to suspend its cardiac surgical care in May when its heart surgeon, Dr. Gareth Tobler, retired before a new hire had been made, has resumed its program.
    • Jul 13, 2018
  • More »

Readers also liked…

  • Women's March planned in Arkansas to mark Trump inauguration

    Speaking of Donald Trump and in answer to a reader's question: There will be a women's march in Arkansas on Jan. 21, the day after inauguration, as well as the national march planned in Washington.
    • Dec 30, 2016
  • French Hill votes against disaster aid to Puerto Rico

    Republican U.S. Rep. French Hill alone among Arkansas's House delegation voted last week against a measure that provided $36.5 billion in disaster aid, a portion  for hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico as well as money for wildfire response and to support the flood insurance program.
    • Oct 14, 2017
  • Trump immigration protest at LR: Quick and fierce

    It was not even 24 hours ago that Sophia Said, director of the Interfaith Center; City Director Kathy Webb and others decided to organize a protest today of Donald Trump's executive order that has left people from Muslim countries languishing in airports or unable to come to the US at all — people with visas, green cards,a  post-doc graduate student en route to Harvard, Google employees abroad, families. I got the message today before noon; others didn't find out until it was going on. But however folks found out, they turned out in huge numbers, more than thousand men, women and children, on the grounds of the state Capitol to listen to speakers from all faiths and many countries.
    • Jan 29, 2017

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Slideshows

 

© 2018 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation