Staffer plans to continue at secretary of state's office while campaigning for county judge | Arkansas Blog

Monday, August 8, 2016

Staffer plans to continue at secretary of state's office while campaigning for county judge

Posted By on Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 4:05 PM



We noted last week that Joseph Wood, deputy secretary of state, was selected by Washington County Republicans to run for county judge. 

Wood, who is paid $102,054 per year as deputy secretary of state, is not resigning and says he plans to campaign only on his free time. Continuing a full-time job while also campaigning three or more hours away sounds like...an impressive feat. 

It's worth noting that the last time a staffer from the secretary of state's office ran for office, Rep. James Sturch, he resigned from his office the day after he filed. (I've been told by multiple sources that was Secretary of State Mark Martin's call.)  

Will Wood be able to fulfill his duties while also running for office in Washington County? I've called both the Secretary of State's office and Wood but haven't heard back from either. I will update this post if I do. 

Martin seems to be highlighting Wood on his official Twitter account, with three prominent mentions in the last week. 

Tags: , , , , ,

From the ArkTimes store

Favorite

Comments (10)

Showing 1-10 of 10

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-10 of 10

Add a comment

More by David Ramsey

Readers also liked…

  • LR speakers blast state board for double standard

    A series of speakers, beginning with Sen. Joyce Elliott, denounced what they saw as a hidden agenda favoring charter schools at the state Department of Education and asked the state Board of Education for return of local control.
    • May 12, 2016
  • Sarah Huckabee Sanders becomes White House press secretary

    Sarah Huckabee Sanders, daughter of former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, is the new White House press secretary.
    • Jul 21, 2017
  • The long and winding road: No exception yet for 30 Crossing

    The Arkansas highway department's representative on the Metroplan board of directors told the board today that the department is requesting an exception to the planning agency's cap on six lanes for its 30 Crossing project to widen Interstate 30 from six to 10 (and more) lanes.
    • Jun 29, 2016

Most Shared

Most Viewed

Most Recent Comments

Blogroll

 

© 2017 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation