CJRW lands state Parks and Tourism ad contract | Arkansas Blog

Thursday, May 4, 2017

CJRW lands state Parks and Tourism ad contract

Posted By on Thu, May 4, 2017 at 6:00 PM

Big news in ad business: CJRW has landed the state Parks and Tourism Department's $15 million-a-year advertising business.

Three finalists for the job were reviewed in April. Arkansas Business reported that, in addition to CJRW, which had held the work for years, competitors were D&G Collaborative, a partnership between Little Rock and New Orleans agencies, and an unnamed out-of-state firm. The names were kept confidential by the state.

The contract is even richer than in years past. Previously, the state split conventional advertising and digital promotional work. This bid was for both elements of the contract. Under the last contract, CJRW handled $11.7 million of work and Aristotle got $1.5 million for digital work.

CJRW is a different firm from what was once was known as Cranford Johnson Robinson Woods. The former leaders have retired. It merged recently with the marketing/ad firm of Gary Heathcott of Little Rock. He handled campaign advertising for Gov. Asa Hutchinson. Since Hutchinson's election, CJRW has picked up the state's Economic Development Commission marketing work and also the five-year $34.5 million Arkansas Lottery ad work.

Awaiting further details from the Department of Finance and Administration and I expect Kyle Massey of Arkansas Business, who's been all over this story, will have more details shortly.

UPDATE: Here's Massey's report. Jake Bleed at DF&A says the scoring sheets on the panel's decision won't be available until tomorrow, but I see Massey obtained them from the Office of Procurement. Massey identified Birdsall and Voss of Milwaukee as the third competitor. And he says it's a $15.2 million contract, not $14 million as I said originally.

Tags: ,


Favorite

Comments (4)

Showing 1-4 of 4

Add a comment

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-4 of 4

Add a comment

More by Max Brantley

  • Governor responds to Medicaid work rule lawsuit

    Gov. Asa Hutchinson has responded sharply to the lawsuit challenging the legality of the state's new work requirement for Medicaid coverage and also criticizing the online-only reporting requirement. His statement:
    • Aug 14, 2018
  • That Medicaid 'work' rule keeps on 'working'

    The latest numbers from the Department of Human Services show  thousands more people did not meet the reporting requirement on work hours in July to meet Medicaid eligibility standards.
    • Aug 14, 2018
  • LRSD school registration problems

    Vincent Tolliver, a candidate for Little Rock, mayor, has written legislators asking the Senate Education Committee to ask Education Commissioner Johnny Key to testify about problems encountered by parents on Monday, the first day of school in the state-run Little Rock School District.
    • Aug 14, 2018
  • More »

Readers also liked…

  • Women's March planned in Arkansas to mark Trump inauguration

    Speaking of Donald Trump and in answer to a reader's question: There will be a women's march in Arkansas on Jan. 21, the day after inauguration, as well as the national march planned in Washington.
    • Dec 30, 2016
  • The LR chamber does the public's business. Is it accountable? Blue Hog on the case.

    Matt Campbell, lawyer and Blue Hog Report blogger, has sent a Freedom of Information Act request to Jay Chessir, director of the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce, and Mayor Mark Stodola related to the publicity stunt yesterday  built around withdrawing from the mayor's rash pronouncement that the city would seek an Amazon HQ2 project even though the city  didn't meet the company's criteria.
    • Oct 20, 2017
  • Free Zinn book for Arkansas teachers

    Arkansas teachers! Get your free Howard Zinn book here! Whether Kim Hendren likes it or not.
    • Mar 3, 2017

Most Recent Comments

Slideshows

 

© 2018 Arkansas Times | 201 East Markham, Suite 200, Little Rock, AR 72201
Powered by Foundation